Adult and Continuing Education
- NYSED High School Equivalency Exam (TASC) - NYS Education Department guidance on the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™) test, the primary pathway to a NYS High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Working NYC - Supports to help New Yorkers connect to the services and resources they need to find a new or better job.
- Career Discovery NYC - Resources and training to help New Yorkers learn about specific careers and the skills needed to get a job in those occupations.
Early Childhood Education
- NYCDOE Guide to the Early Intervention to Preschool Transition – Guide to help families become familiar with the transition from Early Intervention to Preschool Special Education.
- WNET Let’s Learn NYC! – Remote learning classes for grades 3K – 2 taught by NYCDOE professionals. One-hour lessons include literacy, math, music, movement, science, and social studies.
- Early Childhood: Learn at Home page – Homepage for families created by the NYCDOE Division of Early Childhood Education with activity suggestions and resources for infants, toddlers, and children who are 3 and 4 years old.
- Growing Up NYC – Early Childhood Page – Resource to help families of young children stay current during our new normal.
- Ready4K – FREE resource for helping children Birth – 4th grade stay on track with their learning goals. You will receive three texts/week tailored to support your child’s growth. To sign up, click this link or text “NYC” to 70138.
- Sesame Street in Communities – Sesame Workshop information, videos, and activities in English and Spanish on a wide range of health, literacy, STEM, and other topics.
- Vroom – Website and app that offer tips, tools, and 1000+ activities to help you add learning to meal time, bath time, bed time, or anytime. Visit Vroom.org to access the tips or download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- NYCDOE Enrollment – NYCDOE enrollment information
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation: Fitness Breaks - Short videos with soccer, basketball, and other physical activity exercises.
- Bike NY Virtual Bike Education Resource Hub - Curated list of books, videos, movies, documentaries, activities, and curricula designed to keep students from pre-k through high school engaged with the history, community, fitness, and fun of cycling.
- BOKS At Home Resources - Free physical activity curriculum and support for parents to make physical activity and play a part of every child’s day.
- CATCH Health at Home - Free lessons and physical activities for at-home learning, organized into three sections: Physical Activities, Activity Breaks, and Family Health and Nutrition.
- GoNoodle: Good Energy at Home - Collection of movement, yoga, and mindfulness videos and curricular activities.
- Hip Hop Public Health: H.Y.P.E. at Home - No gym, no problem! You don’t need any fancy equipment to dance. Listen to these dance breaks to encourage physical activity at home.
- MTI World Beats - Produced by the NYCDOE and Hip-Hop Public Health, this collection of Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Bollywood, Lo-Fi, and Latin music will get your student dancing and moving. Free download.
- Move-to-Improve Visual Aid Cards - Printable color flash cards with illustrations and simple instructions for doing physical activities. Some movements include run, jump, climb, ski jump, squat, and forward lunge.
- Online Physical Education Network (OPEN) - Games, calendars, activity logs, and other resources for parents and teachers to encourage movement at home.
- Rising New York Road Runners: Active at Home - Physical literacy-based activities and games for students, families, and teachers to do at home. Activities on this free site are safe to practice in limited spaces and with social distancing.
- USA Baseball Fun at Bat at Home - Introductory bat-and-ball program that offers baseball and softball-related activities to do at home. Includes a complete activity curriculum, interactive videos, access to the USA Baseball Championship Principles book, coloring sheets, and more.
- USTA Tennis at Home - Created by the United States Tennis Association and Net Generation. Tennis tips, fun activities, and tennis-themed educational content to keep everyone in the family active.
Health and Wellness
- NYCDOE Health and Wellness – NYCDOE health and wellness information
- The Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE) – Online resource directory connecting New Yorkers with free and low-cost health and social services.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Support services and resources for families affected by mental illness.
- National Institute of Mental Health – Information about mental disorders and the latest mental health research.
- Coalition to Support Grieving Students – Training resources, video modules and handouts to support children who have experienced loss.
- The Osborne Association - Support for families affected by the criminal justice system.
- See Us, Support Us - Tools, tips, and information about community-based resources for children of incarcerated parents.
- NYS Parent Portal - Caregiving tips and resources to support families of young children during the pandemicincluding parent guides, a child-care program locator, and human service systems navigator.
- Benefits Navigator Guide to help families navigate a wide array of publicly available benefits and resources from the DOE and other city agency partners.
- TeleHealth Tips - Information for NYC families who receive telehealth services from a mental health or social service provider.
- NYCDOE Multilingual Learners – NYCDOE information for multilingual learners
- EngageNY – NYS Education Department guidance to support the implementation of key aspects of the NYS Board of Regents Reform Agenda, including the Common Core Standards.
- ịColorín Colorado! – Bilingual website for families and educators of English language learners in partnership with the American Federation of Teachers.
- NYSED Roadmap to College – Guide for English Language Learners/Multilingual Learners from the NYS Education Department on how to prepare for college and the steps required to achieve the desired goal.
- Literacy Partners – Free classes, community workshops, and educational media to help low-income and immigrant parents and caregivers develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world.
NYC Resources, Programs and Events
- Growing Up NYC – Official NYC resource for programs, activities, resources and events for children ages 0-24, sponsored by the NYC Children’s Cabinet.
- Generation NYC – Official NYC resource for programs, activities, resources and events for teens, sponsored by the NYC Children’s Cabinet.
- WNET Parenting Minutes – Short videos that focus on key topics related to early childhood learning and raising children. Each video page contains shareable tips and facts, as well as links to more FREE resources and information.
- Wide Open School – Free, high-quality learning activities and resources to enrich and support distance learning across subject areas.
- Everfi - Standard-aligned digital learning resources focused on the skills students need for life including social-emotional learning, health and wellness, financial capability, and career readiness.
- United Federation of Teachers (UFT) - Free family resources and news on topics such as remote learning, entertainment, financial relief, free food, and wellness.
- New York Public Library (NYPL) - Extensive catalog of programs and resources including free, online tutoring, DIY and pre-recorded story times, and college and career counseling to help kids of all ages develop important skills and encourage a lifetime love of learning.
- City Parks Foundation - Free sports, arts, community building and education programsacross all five boroughs
- Parent and Parent-Teacher Association (PA/PTA) – NYCDOE information for PA/PTAs
- School Leadership Team (SLT) – NYCDOE information for SLTs
- Citywide and Community Education Council (CCEC) – NYCDOE information for CCECs
- National PTA – Resources and materials to support PA/PTA recruitment and membership activities.
- PA/PTA Resource Folder - Guidance documents, training materials, and templates to support PA/PTAs and Presidents' Councils with annual elections, financial reporting and recordkeeping, and meetings.
- SLT Support Site - Toolkit, bylaws, training modules, and other resources to support your School Leadership Team (SLT).
- PTAlink - Resources and events to support community building and help your PA/PTA function at its best.
Remote Learning and Technology
- NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) – Guidance on accessing student’s grades, attendance, fitness results, schedule, and Parent University resources in all DOE languages.
- Free Microsoft Software for NYC DOE Students and Families – Access to free Microsoft software to students and families.
- Technical Support for Families – Form to report issues with NYCDOE iPads/devices, access to applications, or other technical problems.
- iPlan Portal - Where school and district communities collaborate to develop a Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) and monitor progress toward meeting annual goals.
Return to School
- NYC DOE Return to Schools – NYCDOE return to school information
- NYCDOE Special Education – NYCDOE special education information
- Get Ready to Learn – Daily mindful, movement videos that consist of developmentally sequenced, sensory-motor based yoga routines designed to support growth and development for children, teens, and adults of all abilities to be in their optimal physical, emotional and cognitive states each day.
- Ready Breaks – Online library of videos that offer movement and breath work.
- Learn at Home Resources – Strategies and resources to help families create a productive, safe and healthy learning environment at home during remote learning.
- INCLUDEnyc - Information, resources, educational advocacy and access, and training foryoung people with any disability (age 0-26) in New York City, their families, and the professionals who support them.
School Buildings and Operations